Thursday, January 29, 2009

A special cat.



My cat's name is Worf. My dad named it after someone in Star Trek. They got Worf  five years before I was born, I'm nine years old. So that makes Worf really old. Since about Thanksgiving Worf has been really sick, he would throw up all over the place. He would drink so much, and then have accidents all over the house. He was not very pleasant. But three days ago he didn't eat or drink he just slept. But in the night my mom brought him some water and he drank a little. The next morning after Josh and I went to school, and mom took Worf to the vet. He fell asleep purring, but they didn't wake him up because he had died. Josh and I got home from school happy and totally unaware that Worf had died. We played upstairs and mom and dad were deciding when they would tell us Worf had died. Yesterday morning before Josh and I went to school we sat down on the couch and mom said to us something sad has happened, yesterday morning I took Worf to the vet, and he fell asleep laying on my hand and he's not going to wake up. I felt tears coming to my eyes, I looked over at Josh, he had tears in his eyes too. Josh and I started to cry a little. My mom said we will go somewhere to get a little something to honor Worf. After school we went to Sonic to get a milkshake. I remembered Worf with every bite of that milkshake, and in my head I said "thanks Worf you were a great cat." I will always remember Worf. Have you ever had a pet of yours die? If you have I'm very sorry for you.

11 comments:

  1. Jake, you wrote that beautifully. And I love the picture you took of Worfy. That was a lovely was to remember our sweet cat! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake your mom is right you are a very talented writer. I am so sorry to hear about Worfy. He was lucky to have such a nice family and long life. Maybe someday you can see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jake,

    It's Auntie Jenny. I'm so so sorry about Worfy! My special special dog Niki died about 5 years ago now, and it was absolutely terrible. We got her when I was 12, and she made it all the way until I was 24. I know just how you feel, and I miss her all the time. I'm thinking of you and praying for you.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jake!! I'm sorry to hear about Worf. I liked him. he was a good cat. I took care of him one weekend while you guys were away and he was very nice to me. I will miss him.

    maybe I should go get a milkshake to honor him.....
    yummmmm sounds good.

    you're doing a great job on your blog! it's very interesting and I enjoy reading about your life!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah jake i'v had a cat that died his name was cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jake, It is grandma Sandy. I loved your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jake, I'm Ashton's Aunt Cristal. I'm so very sorry about your cat. I actually got to pet him one day in November when I visited Ashton. Angela, Ashton and me went to your house one day while you and Josh were in school. Angela was helping your Mom do some decorating. Your Worfy looks just like my cat. Was Worf a Russian Bleu? Mine is and they look identical. He was a very sweet cat. And I'm so sorry that you and Josh miss him so much. But you'll always have many, many happy memories of him. And I think that is so sweet that you had a milkshake in his honor and remembered him with every bite.

    Your Mom is right, you wrote that beautifully. I'll be praying for you and your family while you're missing him. Take care. And thanks for being such a good friend, both you and your brother, to Ashton.

    Love,
    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jake I really loved Worf. That milkshake sounded so so good. I think your awsome Jake. I hope you have fun with ashton. See ya! Your super duper best awsome pal Jake miller.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I read that tears came to my eyes to...........i love cats.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete